Monday, December 22, 2008

My apologies to Jared

I had it in my mind that Jared (The Galleria of Jewelers) was founded by Jared Polis. It was not. Please see the Wikipedia entry. My apologies.

Jared Polis, the first openly homosexual man to be elected to Congress, is rather the founder of bluemountain.com and Proflowers.com. He sold the first for a mint before the DotBomb and the second in 2005.

Not bad... He sold the Proflowers brand (with some other similar things) for $477M when they only had $60M in the bank... (What do you think that he feels guilty for being a capitalist?)

Bah! The research for this post took the wind out of my sails. I had wanted to warn y'all (Bert) that your favorite "conservative" talk shows were promoting a liberal's money maker.

That may still be the case. *sigh* But I don't have the time to look into it.

No comments: