Thursday, September 20, 2007

NOAA comes to Second Life

So... I was at Lefty's for lunch today. Chris & Kris are expecting again in March. Michael is now with Xilinx. Dan's still with IBM. Jim is still with NOAA. Craig was too busy to talk. Lorenzo and his wife are still there and look healthy. The waitstaff has changed, though.

They all got a little bit caught up with me - and vice versa.

But, it turns out that one of the guys that used to do the IT for the Climate Monitoring and Diagnostics Lab (CMDL - now GMD, "Global Monitoring Division"?) is employed full-time playing Second Life. What a total waste. He's a high-paid guy, too. You might know Eric...

Anyway, I'm going to have to check this out and see if it's really outrageous... When My First Life gives me the time. :^/

1 comment:

Bike Bubba said...

Given the embarassment that NASA handed to NOAA in terms of their climate monitoring, it's sad to suggest that Eric may be stepping up in the world.....